When it comes to keeping your home warm and comfortable, having properly insulated attic space is key. Here are ten reasons why you should insulate your attic today.
1. Increase Energy Savings: Attic insulation can help you save money on your energy bills. By keeping your attic properly insulated, you’ll keep the temperature in your home consistent, which will reduce the amount of energy you need to use in order to heat or cool your home.
2. Reduce Air Leaks: By adding insulation to your attic, you’ll be able to reduce air leaks from occurring between the attic and the rest of your house.
3. Reduce Noise: Another great benefit of having properly insulated attic space is that it can reduce the amount of noise you’re exposed to.
4. Enhance Indoor Air Quality: The fact of the matter is that attic insulation can act as a barrier to pollutants such as dust and mold spores. This can help to improve the indoor air quality of your home, which in turn will have a positive impact on your overall health.
5. Improve the Comfort of Your Home: Having the right attic insulation can help keep the temperature in your home more consistent. This in turn will make your home more comfortable, as you won’t have to worry about extreme temperature swings occurring.
6. Protect Your Attic From Moisture Build-up: The right attic insulation can protect your attic from moisture build-up. By keeping moisture out, you’ll be able to better prevent the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause issues for your home’s structural integrity.
7. Enhance the Value of Your Home: Adding insulation to your attic can also help to enhance the value of your home. Typically speaking, homes with adequately insulated attic space will fetch a higher sale price than homes without.
8. Lower Your Risk of Pests: It’s important to note that a properly insulated attic can reduce your risk of having pests invader your home. Without the right insulation, you’ll be more susceptible to have critters making their way into the attic space.
9. Enhance the Aesthetic of Your Home: Adding insulation to your attic can have a positive impact on the aesthetic of your home. Not only will insulation add to the overall look of your home’s interior, but it can also help keep the temperature even and comfortable as well.
10. Improves Resistance to Fire: Properly installed attic insulation can offer extra fire protection for your home. The insulation will act as a buffer to help slow the spread of fire, which can help protect your home from the impacts of a fire emergency.
For attic insulation at your home, call Tedrick’s Roofing at (206) 222-3150.