FIFA World Cup fanatics sure never missed a kick, especially during the gripping final match that was won by Germany, 1-0, in extra time, at the expense of Argentina. Clint Dempsey and the rest of our National Team fought gallantly though, reaching the Round of 16 before bowing out to Belgium. Having faced the toughest teams in the world and coming out victorious, the German team secured a well-deserved place in sports history.
But did you know that the Germans aren’t only known for their superb soccer skills? They’re also known for their aggressive approach toward renewable energy and sound environmental policies. According to Germany.info:
Climate protection, promotion of renewable energy sources and protection of the environment are major focal points of German Government policy. These policies have also become a driving force for German businesses, which are already at the forefront of innovation and job creation in the field. The German Government has not only established some of the most ambitious climate protection and energy goals in the world, it has also set up effective and innovative measures to encourage citizens, businesses and even international partners to help meet those goals.
Want to follow Germany’s example? Caring about the environment can start in your home. Roofing contractors in Federal Way like Tedrick’s Roofing are aware of the impact of climate change and global warming on our environment. As such, we offer our customers the “green roof” option for their homes. As a member of the US Green Building Council, our practices include:
- Asphalt shingle recycling. Every year approximately 11 million tons of shingle waste is generated. Tedrick’s Roofing participates in a shingle recycling program that repurposes old asphalt shingles, converting them for use in renewing America’s highways. We separate asphalt shingles from other debris removed in the roofing process, and we even remove and recycle the nails!
- Solar powered roof ventilation. Tedrick’s Roofing is a certified installer of Solar Blaster attic fans, a self-contained ventilation system that helps keep your attic cool and prevents moisture build up – all without using additional electrical resources. They even work great in a cloudy environment like Seattle.
- Advanced training. Our company participates in US Green Building Council-approved training to enhance our knowledge of sustainable building practices.
- Cool roofs. We are experts in the design and installation of “cool roofs,” which use advanced materials to reduce the heat load on roofs. This reduces the energy cost of cooling interior air.
- Skylights. We install high quality skylights and sky tunnels that bring natural light into a home, helping to reduce the reliance on electrical lighting.
For more information on our “green” efforts and other Federal Way roofing services, contact Tedrick’s Roofing today!
(Article Excerpt from Energy, Climate & Environment, www.germany.info)