The key to a successful roof replacement is working with the best roofer you can find. This means finding and hiring someone who has consistently been able to deliver exceptional results. To be sure you’ve hired the right candidate, look for someone who:
1. Has solid references. Your chosen roofer should be able to provide solid references from past customers. Valuable testimonials from previous clients can attest to the trustworthiness, dependability and reliability of your chosen contractor.
Talk to previous customers to gather information about the quality of work and reliability of your chosen contractor. This is a good way to gauge the sort of work you can expect from the roofer and to determine if he is indeed the perfect choice for your project.
2. Has Insurance. Never assume that the roof repair company has its own insurance in place;make sure that this is truly the case. Doing so will protect you against any accidents that may occur during the course of your project.
Roofing services that do legitimate work will have the necessary paperwork at hand: they’ll have updated their worker’s compensation insurance as well as general liability insurance to keep you protected throughout the course of the project.
3. Offers warranties. Defects may show up long after the project has wrapped, sometimes even a year or more after the project is completed. Warranties against materials and workmanship guarantee that your contractor is confident about the quality of his work and is willing to stand by it for at least a year after the project has concluded.
4. Has got the required permits. Just as a driver needs a license to drive a vehicle, a roofer’s got to secure the permits necessary to work on the project. This should include a permit for the removal of old roofing material.
5. Has a permanent place of business. You don’t want a fly-by-night roofer working on your home. Having your contractor furnish you with reliable details on his business address and contact numbers assures you that the business is as legitimate as they come – which will do a great deal to ensure you peace of mind.
Roofers are professionals who have solid expertise in installing a roof over one’s head. Their expertise puts them in a position to help homeowners choose the best quality roof material for their needs. They also ensure that installation is done per the manufacturers’ specifications to secure reliable warranties for you.
The market is full of roofing companies, each claiming to have the most skilled manpower and years of experience in the industry. Make sure to entrust your roof only to the most trustworthy of contractors. Call on Tedrick’s Roofing to get you the best roofing options today. Ask us for the professional advice you need!