The rainy season is just around the corner. And with it comes torrential rains driven by a phenomenon called Pineapple Express – a persistent flow of atmospheric moisture from the Pacific. During the rainy season, your roof and gutter system is the first thing that protects you, your family, and your belongings from getting wet. Furthermore, you can actually save thousands in repair costs when you get your roof ready for the season. That is why before the rainy season starts, you have to make sure that your Federal Way roofing is in top condition.
It’s for this reason that we from Tedrick’s Roofing, the premier roofing contractor in Federal Way, are sharing ways on how to prepare your roof and gutter for the rainy season:
- Inspect your roof at least twice a year
- Check for cracks along the ridge
- Inspect the valleys; look for holes and rust spots in the sheet metal
- Look for damaged, cracked, missing, or curled shingles
- Check for water rings, mold or wall or ceiling discoloration
- Make sure that the gutters are clean; keep the water ways open
- Remove debris such as leaves, twigs, and granules from your gutter
- De-clog the down pipes of your gutters
- Contact a professional roofer for repairs and/or replacements
If you need assistance for this tedious job, the surefire way to do is to call the roofing experts, Tedrick’s Roofing. With more than 25 years of experience, our highly competent and trustworthy team can find solutions to any of your roofing and gutter troubles.
We also offer a wide range of options for your home as we install, repair, and replace different types of roofs – from shingles to metal roofing. So if you have a Seattle, Tacoma, or Auburn roofing system that’s past its prime, have it inspected by the best roofing contractor in Des Moines, Kent, & Federal Way, call Tedrick’s Roofing today.