Every house is unique. Each has its own architectural style and feel, accentuated by lovely interior and exteriors parts. Different architectural styles make a home stand out from other houses, even if it’s part of a historic neighborhood.
Combination of Style and History
Here are some of the most popular house styles in the United States. They are mostly influenced by other styles that were used in the past decades.
- American Farmhouse – Victorian and Colonial styles influenced this architectural design but has always been associated with the Midwest.
- Craftsman Bungalow – This style emerged from the British Arts & Crafts Movement. It shows a simple expression of elements in a stylish way and is the most common style used.
- Federal or Georgian – This can be traced back to Roman architecture. It symbolizes the change from utilitarian and functional to spacious and stylish spaces.
- French Eclectic – Mainly inspired by lovely French architecture, this style became popular after World War 1.
- Prairie – This style comes with multifunctional spaces. It also features bold lines. It is considered as the first house style with an American origin.
- Modern – This style mostly comes with flat roofs and simple lines. It is a form of industrialism that improves life through affordable and efficient materials.
- Tudor – For this house style, asymmetry is very noticeable.
- Spanish Colonial – This historic style comes with thick walls, prominent sculpted stone features, and shaded terraces.
- Ranch – This is a single-story building that has a low-sloped roof and deep eaves.
- Queen Anne – This regal style originated from the Victorian era. It usually has gables, bay windows, overhangs, and towers. It also features bold colors.
Roofing Types Used in Different House Styles
Roofing materials can enhance your home’s curb appeal greatly. Here are some roofing ideas for different house types:
• Asphalt shingles enhance the look of any house style.
• Cottage style looks better with metal or shingle roofing.
• The chic look of slate enhances colonial- and French-style homes.
• Modern homes and ranch-style architecture often use metal for their roof.
• Wood shakes have a rough look, which is perfect for ranch, cottage, bungalows, and modern homes.
Stylish Roofing for Chic Homes
Houses often reflect your style, and choosing the right materials can further enhance your home’s curb appeal. It’s important that you identify the style of your home, how high or low is the pitch, and what material is appropriate to use.
Tedrick’s Roofing is the best source of materials for your unique home. We offer shingle, slate, metal, and wood shake. We also provide services for flat roofs. Apart from installation and roof repair in Auburn and the surrounding areas, we offer complete roofing systems.
As a GAF Master Elite™ roofing contractor in Auburn, we make sure that we meet the standards for quality and excellence set by GAF. Contact us now at (877) 212-9355 for a free estimate of your roofing needs.